Using the EcoLogo certification logo and promotional materials
The EcoLogo is an eco-label intended to identify environmentally-preferable products and services that have met tough environmental standards within the applicable category.
To maintain the integrity of the mark, we ask that any organization that wishes to use the EcoLogo, do so using the automated request tool below.
Benefits of using the Logo
We encourage our clients and third party users to use the EcoLogo mark to promote certified products and the Program. Some benefits of using the logo include: increased public trust, proof of environmental leadership and a way to gain competitive positioning and increased market share.
Depending on the usage, different rules may apply.
By agreeing to the terms indicated below, the EcoLogo certification mark can be used by:
Primary Users (Licensees)
Manufacturers / Resellers / Generators / Service Providers
For those products that have been awarded certification, the EcoLogo mark may be downloaded and used on product packaging as well as for promotional use on marketing materials, web pages, catalogs, etc.
If you are a manufacturer, distributor or reseller and would like to become EcoLogo certified, please contact us or click here to learn more about the benefits of EcoLogo Certification and how to get started.
Media/Academia - Members of the media and educational institutions can request to use the logo to feature the EcoLogo Program or products in publications and resource materials.
Retailers/Service Providers - Organizations selling or using EcoLogo certified products can request to use the logo for promotional use.
TerraChoice has an exclusive licensing arrangement with Environment Canada to authorize proper use of the EcoLogoTM symbol, an official mark of Environment Canada protected pursuant to the Trade Marks Act. TerraChoice agrees to authorize the Authorized Party to reproduce the EcoLogoTM symbol so long as the Terms and Conditions below are met.
The Authorized Party is bound to respect the following conditions:
- Conditions: By accepting this Authorization Agreement, the Authorized Party agrees:
- To reproduce the EcoLogoTM using only the EcoLogoTM graphic provided by TerraChoice;
- To reproduce the EcoLogoTM graphic according to the Brand Guide.
- To provide TerraChoice with the context in which the EcoLogoTM will be described or used; and
- To submit one sample graphic application of the EcoLogoTM for each usage to TerraChoice prior to public release. Please note that this usage cannot be changed without prior consent of TerraChoice.
- Liability: The Authorized Party will indemnify TerraChoice against any liability, loss, costs, or damages, which could arise out of this Agreement.
- Assignment: The Authorized Party shall not assign this Agreement, in whole or in part, without the prior consent of TerraChoice.
For Manufacturers: This Agreement is in effect on the date of execution, and terminates when the Authorized Party has received their EcoLogo license agreement, which will replace this agreement including all Terms and Conditions of use for the EcoLogoTM graphic.
For Third-Party Users: This Agreement is in effect on the date of execution, and terminates when the publication or campaign in which the EcoLogoTM is reproduced either becomes out of print or the EcoLogoTM usage changes.
- Termination: If the Authorized Party fails to comply, at any time, with any of the authorization conditions identified in this Agreement, TerraChoice may terminate this Agreement fourteen (14) days after notification of non compliance.
- Applicable Law: This Agreement is governed by the laws of Canada and the Province of Ontario.
- Communications: The parties agree to accept facsimile communications for the purposes of this Agreement.